Articles on this Page
- 04/24/15--16:55: _Where Were You When...
- 05/10/15--08:46: _Web 2.0 Changes In ...
- 05/24/15--14:22: _Juggling, Backtrack...
- 05/31/15--08:02: _Motivational Moment...
- 06/21/15--09:46: _Kindle Unlimited: ...
- 07/03/15--15:00: _Scribd Doesn’t Love...
- 07/25/15--13:51: _Kookoo For KENP
- 08/15/15--10:10: _Grey’s Anatomy: Ar...
- 09/27/15--08:45: _The Royals Scheme T...
- 10/25/15--11:42: _The Real War on Women
- 02/12/16--07:01: _Byte The Apple & No...
- 02/20/16--18:28: _Should An E-book En...
- 02/27/16--14:10: _Samhain Closes: Wi...
- 03/19/16--17:19: _Let’s Go Back to Bl...
- 03/26/16--16:56: _The Two Hardest Par...
- 04/02/16--13:41: _Character Crossover...
- 04/15/16--19:10: _The Perfect Video F...
- 06/04/16--08:48: _My Writing Road Map...
- 07/24/16--08:59: _My Second Chance Fa...
- 08/01/16--16:05: _Making Room For Ind...
- 04/24/15--16:55: Where Were You When Grey’s Anatomy Died?
- 05/10/15--08:46: Web 2.0 Changes In The Making
- 05/24/15--14:22: Juggling, Backtracking, Adoring Mr. Duck & Preparing The Tissue
- 05/31/15--08:02: Motivational Moment: Shia LaBeouf On Making Dreams Come True
- 06/21/15--09:46: Kindle Unlimited: Amazon Reboots To Fair Play
- 07/03/15--15:00: Scribd Doesn’t Love All Romance Readers Equally
- 07/25/15--13:51: Kookoo For KENP
- 08/15/15--10:10: Grey’s Anatomy: Are ABC & Rhimes Running Scared?
- 10/25/15--11:42: The Real War on Women
- 02/12/16--07:01: Byte The Apple & Nook The Book – We’re Now EVERYWHERE!
- 02/20/16--18:28: Should An E-book End At “The End?”
- 02/27/16--14:10: Samhain Closes: Will Amazon Be The One Tin Soldier?
- 03/26/16--16:56: The Two Hardest Parts of Writing A Novel? The Beginning & The End
- 04/02/16--13:41: Character Crossover Alert: Bliss & Forever
- 04/15/16--19:10: The Perfect Video For My Wife
- 06/04/16--08:48: My Writing Road Map & Why It Won’t Include Erotica
- 07/24/16--08:59: My Second Chance Facebook Story
- 08/01/16--16:05: Making Room For Indies At The Table
As the whole world knows by now, in this week's episode of "Grey's Anatomy," Dr. Derek Shepherd, a/k/a Dr. McDreamy died. Yes, died. For a huge, massive number of viewers, when he died, the show died too. It will continue, in a living dead sort of fashion, but the numbers will not justify it living ...continue reading Where Were You When Grey’s Anatomy Died?
Hello my little chitlin's, it's your big daddy Angry Old Fat Man here. First off, Happy Mother's Day to all of y'all with rugrats, or former rugrats like ours. Remember, if Mama ain't happy, NOOOOObody's happy. And now the business at hand. It seems the website for Quacking Alone Romances needs to be brought properly ...continue reading Web 2.0 Changes In The Making
It's been a bit since I've blogged because I'm presently writing TWO books. Yes, I know, lots of authors juggle books frequently, but I generally do them one at a time. This period right here - this is an exception. There is a single reason for this: my muse is in hyperdrive but my bank ...continue reading Juggling, Backtracking, Adoring Mr. Duck & Preparing The Tissue
I needed to hear this today!! In fact, I often need to hear this. Author Amity Lassiter posted this on the "Romance Divas" forum. (Thanks Amity!) I've bookmarked it and have watched it several times already. Of course, I had to share it with y'all. Shia's RIGHT - there's only one way to change something ...continue reading Motivational Moment: Shia LaBeouf On Making Dreams Come True
This week, at last, at long - long last, Amazon announced a change in the pay structure to authors with work enrolled in Kindle Unlimited. The change won't just reward writers, it will also reward readers who will now have access to longer books and bundles that writers previously kept out of the program. We'll ...continue reading Kindle Unlimited: Amazon Reboots To Fair Play
This week, Scribd announced that it is slashing content available to subscribers by cutting an "undisclosed" number of romance and erotica novels. One of Scribd's publishing partners, Smashwords, announced that 80-90% of its romance and erotica novels will but cut. Smashwords CEO, Mark Coker, noted that the longer, higher priced works in the genres are ...continue reading Scribd Doesn’t Love All Romance Readers Equally
Do you KU? If you do, whether as a reader or a writer, then I bet you've heard of the best thing since dark roast coffee - KENP. It stands for Kindle Edition Normalized Page Count and it's the way Amazon now measures page reads by Kindle Unlimited Subscribers. Beginning July 1st, writers with books ...continue reading Kookoo For KENP
Editor's Note: My new project is writing for "Constant Content." I wrote this and submitted it, but it was rejected as "newsy" or "dated" content. Well, my blog is the PERFECT place for this content! Y'all will have to let me know how it goes -- I won't be watching Grey's, but I have been ...continue reading Grey’s Anatomy: Are ABC & Rhimes Running Scared?
Once upon a time, the Royals ruled the Publishing Kingdom. They employed Agents to deal directly with the Creator Minions who produced the books that built the castle, for the Minions were heathen beasts, unworthy of the Royals consideration. The trained Agents brought the Royals only that which the Royals deemed worthy - manuscripts that ...continue reading The Royals Scheme To Rebuild Their Castle & Return Readers To Captivity
Let me tell you about this so-called War on Women. The people who yell most about it will tell you that they just want women to be equal to men. What they really want is equality of behavior, not equality of worth. They want to eliminate the natural, God-given differences between man and woman, the male and ...continue reading The Real War on Women
Hi to all demented duck-loving QA, MAG & OO fans! I have emerged from the corner of oblivion where I've been lurking lately. I'd taken everything off of everywhere to join Amazon's Kindle Unlimited program. Participation requires that books be exclusive to Amazon. Why would I do that, you ask? It's all about the Benjamins. ...continue reading Byte The Apple & Nook The Book – We’re Now EVERYWHERE!
I have been re-reading a great romance series, Elizabeth Lowell's "Only" books. I just finished Reno's story and am about to start my favorite book in that series, Whip's story -- "Only Love." (Who doesn't enjoy reading about a yondering man finding that home is a person rather than a place?) If you haven't read ...continue reading Should An E-book End At “The End?”
I was never published by Samhain Publishing, but was saddened by news of its decision to close. Samhain published romance and one of the things I love about romance is it usually sells even when nothing else does. My recent experience has already made me question that, so I searched the news stories to ...continue reading Samhain Closes: Will Amazon Be The One Tin Soldier?
If y'all love the Isle of Bliss as much as I do, then you'll be quite quackers to hear that part 2 of Adam and Evan's story is now for sale at Amazon. If you read part 1, then you know that Adam and Evan have much more going on that any Guardian and Ward ...continue reading Let’s Go Back to Bliss _ Now Available: Scandalizing Duty (Book 2, Seducing The Guardian)
I just started Book 3 of the story of Adam & Evan (My "Seducing The Guardian" Olivia Outlaw Series). This one - at least so far - is titled: "Enticing Duty." I finished Book Two and published it almost 10 days ago, but Book Three lurked in the barely begun stage for days. Why? Because ...continue reading The Two Hardest Parts of Writing A Novel? The Beginning & The End
Writers tend to adore their characters, and I am no different. While Vlad's story incubates in my head, he and the other characters from my "Mary Anne Graham" Forever Series (A Faerie Fated Forever, A Golden Forever, A Sixth Sense of Forever and a Magical Forever) have not languished. They appear regularly in my Olivia ...continue reading Character Crossover Alert: Bliss & Forever
Howdy sweeties, it's the angry old husband here, been awhile, nice to talk to you again, yadda yadda yadda. Thanks to Facebook, I found the video that is the pinnacle of ecstasy for my dear wife, the Crazy Duck Lady. What few of you know is that not only does she revere ducks (especially baby ...continue reading The Perfect Video For My Wife
I write contemporary and historical romance as myself, "Mary Anne Graham" and I write erotic romance as "Olivia Outlaw." I don't write erotica, although some people make a bundle of cash writing that genre. Why don't I write it? Isn't it essentially the same as erotic romance? I don't write erotica because it is not ...continue reading My Writing Road Map & Why It Won’t Include Erotica
My original Facebook page will be fading away soon.... and I have a brand new Facebook page to share. But first, of course, I have a story. (Otherwise, this would be a really short blog post!) My story begins a couple of months ago, when I decided to do a "boost" or Facebook ad campaign ...continue reading My Second Chance Facebook Story
A Publishers Weekly article today focused on how indie authors need to learn about "positioning." The piece says it's "imperative that indie authors do their research and spend time learning how to think like an industry insider, or hire outside people who have industry experience to maximize their chances for success." Traditional publishing, says the ...continue reading Making Room For Indies At The Table